Puerto Rico

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Exciting Unknown

The Exciting Unknown
By: Kylie Robbins
            It was on a cold December morning that I found myself boarding a train from Norman, Oklahoma to the Stockyards in Fort Worth, Texas. I was kind of nervous because this was my first time riding a train. I was also about to meet the group of people that I would later be traveling to Puerto Rico with, for the first time. I was excited to embark on both trips and hoped my travel partners were too.
            It didn’t take long for everyone to open up to one another, and before I knew it Professor P and Dr. C had us running around the train and the Fort Worth Stockyards taking pictures, recording interviews and having a ton of fun. I really enjoyed exploring places like the Texas Cowboy Hall of Fame and watching the cattle drive that the Fort Worth Herd directs with everyone. Although this trip was short, it gave us a chance to introduce ourselves and get to one another better before we left for our trip to Puerto Rico.
            I will never forget the moment that we were finally able to board the plane to Puerto Rico. I sat down in my seat and began thinking about all the great times our group had already had together at the stockyards, and I became extremely excited for all the new adventures that we were about to experience. Little did I know I was in for a once-in-a-life-time trip and I will never forget the memories made or the amazing people that I was able to meet.
Photo by: Kylie Robbins
Video if you would like to know the history of the Fort Worth Stockyards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjcYCrw5big
Where to book tickets if you’re interested in using the Norman train as transportation: https://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=am/am2Station/Station_Page&code=NOR

Contact Information:
Phone:(405)535-2467
Facebook: @KylieRobbins
Instagram: @Krobbbs

Twitter: @krobbs

No comments:

Post a Comment