Puerto Rico

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

My Spot

Where I feel most at peace is my specific spot on my parent’s couch. In this spot, I can smell dinner being made by my mom, I can hear my brother catching my mom up on his day, and I can feel the warm blanket surrounding me. That spot is my “happy place” and has conformed to my body over the years. In that spot, I ate dinner with my family every week night and watched Criminal Minds with my mom until we both fell asleep. The retro wood-paneled walls and deep red accept colors gave the room a dark and cozy atmosphere. The living room was always bustling with after-school updates, deep talks and snuggling with my dog. This spot was right in front of a window so I could see when someone drove into our driveway and I’d be waiting to greet them with a smile. 

Being able to come home to this when I lived at home was such a sweet escape for me. Living hours away now, it is one of my favorite parts about visiting home. Sitting in that spot that my dad has now claimed for his own, makes me think of times when I would be comforted just by living room. I have eaten countless meals there, cried over broken hearts, been overjoyed with good news, and had several heart-to-hearts with friends and family members. No matter if my parents sell that house or live there forever, that will always be my spot.


My living room couch


A home-cooked meal


My dog, Cooper

Check these out:
http://www.ikea.com/de/de/catalog/categories/departments/living_room/10661/
http://www.foodnetwork.com/healthy/packages/healthy-every-week/healthy-mains/healthy-weeknight-dinners
http://www.southernliving.com/home-garden/decorating/living-rooms/living-room-mix-styles

Contact Information:
Email: sdeshurley@ou.edu
Phone: 281-222-7329
Instagram: @so_desh_so_clean
Twitter: @skdeshurley
Facebook: @sarahdeshurley

No comments:

Post a Comment