Puerto Rico

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

A Home Made


     A Home Made
By Lara Olfers  
       What I love most about my room is that I made almost everything myself. The first thing you see when you walk in is my huge corner headboard, covered in a vibrant watercolor flower print. I bought the plywood and fabric and sawed it, hammered it, glued a foam mattress on it and covered it with fabric myself. I also bought my dresser off of Craigslist and turned it from an old, tired looking dresser into a refreshed and stylish dresser. I have a perfect nook in my room that I built shelves in above where my desk is. The shelves we probably my hardest project since I had to be very patient in making sure they were straight. My house was built in the 1930s, so I have a unique walk in closet that is lined floor-to-ceiling with cedar wood. It smells wonderful and there's even a cute little window in there! I took my closet door off because I loved the look of my closet so much. The best way to describe my bedroom is the happiest room in the house. As I enter my room, I feel a weight lifted off my shoulders immediately as I'm greeted with the sunlight-filled room decorated with bright colors and bold patterns. I take a lot of pride in my room, like it's one of my art projects that I put on display. I wake up thankful that I get to wake up every day in a room that's homemade.   

My headboard that I made from plywood, a foam mattress, and fabric.


My shelves that I put up above my desk.


My dresser that I repainted to white.

http://www.thewoodgraincottage.com/2014/08/08/diy-dining-room-open-shelving/

Contact Information:
Email: lara@ou.edu
Phone: 972-310-3353
Twitter: @lara_olfers
Facebook: @LaraOlfers

Instagram: @ lara_olfers

No comments:

Post a Comment