Puerto Rico

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Fort Worth It

Fort Worth It
By: Lillian Bocquin
I have visited Fort Worth, TX several times in my life but many included just passing through. However, when one of my classes visited the city as a preparation trip for our journey to Puerto Rico, I discovered the Fort Worth Stockyards. The Stockyards were a vibrant part of the city I had not explored previously and we dove right in when we got there.

Having ridden the train from Norman to Fort Worth early that morning, many of us sought out food almost immediately upon arrival. A quick Google search for the best Mexican food in town led us to Los Vaqueros and they did not disappoint. I had quite literally the best vegetables of my life and the wonderful staff kept the chips and salsa flowing.
Macintosh HD:Users:Guest:Desktop:Los Vaqueros.jpg
Photo by Lilly, Los Vaqueros Restaurant in Fort Worth Texas

That afternoon we were able to watch the cattle trail up the main street and speak with one of the women working the cattle. This woman told us the cattle drivers were city employees and expressed how much she loved what she did. She also revealed how difficult it was, especially the aspects people don’t see like taking care of the animals all day.
Macintosh HD:Users:Guest:Desktop:Stockyards.jpg
Photo by Lilly, Fort Worth Stockyard cattle drive

I hope to love my job one day as much as she does, no matter how difficult it may be. In fact, I think the most difficult jobs are the ones you truly love. Those are the jobs that are worth every bit of the blood, sweat and tears that go into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment