Puerto Rico

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Never Ending

by Mackenzie Brim

Experiencing the beauty and attractions on the incredible island of Puerto Rico was an incredible experience. From the luminescent organisms of the bio bay to the rivers of the rain forest and all the way to the coast of Ponce, it was a trip for the books. 

But to say that my trip to Puerto Rico was perfect would be a lie. It was full of challenging situations and uncomfortable experiences. I roomed with a stranger and traveled with more. I was challenged by conflict and mistakes I made, but all of those things only amplified what I was able tog et out of the trip.

Experiencing adversity and challenge alongside the beautiful experiences made me grow more than I could ever have hoped. Those strangers became my friends, the conflict gave rise to resolution and realization, and mistakes were lessons learned.

All of these things would not have been possible from reading a book about Puerto Rico or searching online. I had to go out and seek them an for that I am forever grateful.


I don’t know what the future holds for me when it comes to travel writing. I sincerely hope that it will be a part of my life in future. But regardless, because of this experience I have a skill that no one can take away from me. I can have experiences in new places and communicate them to others. Whatever form this takes in my future, I will always have those skills, these memories, and relationships.





Mackenzie Brim

No comments:

Post a Comment