Puerto Rico

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Continue the Journey

Studying abroad was something I had always wanted to do. While this trip taught me how to travel efficiently, how to travel write, and how to quickly adapt to different situations, I would highly recommend it to anyone considering taking the trip. I have never learned so much in such a short amount of time. From monuments, to local art galleries, to a serene forest oasis, it was a trip of a lifetime. I will take the skills that I learned about travel writing and apply them to my future endeavors.
           
            My favorite part of the entire trip was touring the Puerto Rican capital. We did this on the first day, and it was incredible. The entire building was made of marble and it was beautiful. I also enjoyed visiting the Castillo San Cristobal, you could see the island for miles and it was breathtaking. Anyone who has travelled knows that things can go wrong at times and you need to be able to go with the flow and adapt to new plans. When this happened to us, we took the extra time to explore more of San Juan, and ate a delicious lunch while sightseeing in the city.

            In the future, I would plan a trip with a similar itinerary as this one had. Making sure that I get to see main tourist attractions, while adding in some local attractions as well. Becoming acclimated with the non-tourism part of any destination is key to getting the full experience when traveling.


The Puerto Rican Capital


The view from the Castillo San Cristobal



 A rope swing in the El Yunque Rainforest

Check these out:
http://www.trippy.com/question/Puerto-Rico-Non-touristy-things-to-do-in-Puerto-Rico

Contact Information:
Email: sdeshurley@ou.edu
Phone: 281-222-7329
Facebook: @sarahdeshurley
Twitter: @skdeshurley

Instagram: @so_desh_so_clean

No comments:

Post a Comment