Puerto Rico

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Making Traveling My Job

Making Traveling My Job
By Lara Olfers

            Traveling to new places and learning about the way other cultures and other people work has always been an interest for me but going to Puerto Rico was a completely different experience for me. I learned to look at places from a completely different perspective as a travel writer. Not only did I need to experience things myself, I needed to focus on the feelings, emotions and descriptions to use later when writing about my experiences. This was a challenge for me, as I typically like to just experience things for myself. I've always thought that someone wanted it bad enough, they would also want to go experience it themself instead of just reading about it. As I start my job as a flight attendant, I plan to travel to as many places and as often as I can, taking note of each and every travel experience for my own personal memories. I will use the skills I learned in this class to capture the feelings, the smells, and the emotions I get in each new trip in order to savor as much of this next chapter in my life. As for my future in travel writing, I'm not sure I will use my writing for much more than personal journaling. I didn't enjoy having to constantly think of assignments and searching for things to write about and I felt it distracted me from fully experiencing Puerto Rico.



Links:
http://travel.usnews.com/Puerto_Rico/
https://www.lonelyplanet.com/puerto-rico
http://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-guide/puerto-rico

Contact Information:
Email: lara@ou.edu
Phone: 972-310-3353
Twitter: @lara_olfers
Facebook: @LaraOlfers
Instagram: @ lara_olfers


No comments:

Post a Comment