Puerto Rico

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

World Traveler



World Traveler

My name is Laura Pope and I am a world traveler. I have enjoyed college most of all because I receive three months of vacation every summer. I have spent the past three summers traveling with my family. One thing that I have never done is taken a course away from Norman. I have spent three years drooling over the exotic locations that my classmates traveled to each summer. I believe that is now my turn to travel to an interesting destination and experience a different type of classroom setting with my peers.

This past summer I visited four countries outside of America. I enjoyed keeping a travel journal over the four weeks that I was away from home. I documented every town that we visited and every way of transportation that we took. I also documented what I bought and how much it costs, to later compare China goods to goods in Dubai. When a classmate informed me of the opportunity to visit Puerto Rico while taking a writing course, I thought of a journalists' dream vacation. The description of this course reminds me of a travel journal, documentation of scenery and experiences.

Puerto Rico is unchartered territory for me; I have never experienced the Puerto Rican way of life nor culture. I think that Puerto Rico is a wonderful place to spend winter break. I also believe that this experience holds the opportunity for great memories that I will be able to share with my friends at home and my own children in the future.

www.ou.edu/gaylord

http://www.puertorico.com/sights/hacienda-buena-vista/

No comments:

Post a Comment