Puerto Rico

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

E is for Excited



My favorite part of any fashion magazine has always been the travel articles. The new and exotic places the author wrote of always intrigued me because I am such a devout world traveler. I have been to eleven countries in Europe and South America, and I am always so excited to visit new places. I am the child of two retired military parents who each have travelled all over the world. I was fortunate that they gave me the same opportunity my freshman year of high school. Heidelberg, Germany is the place I called home for over two and a half years, and to this day I still refer to it as my hometown. This study abroad trip to Puerto Rico is not only exciting, but very practical in costs, duration and will be very academically rewarding. I made journalism my major because I believe it eencourages you to get out, explore and interact with others. Though I am not sure what career path I want to take just yet, I know that courses such as Culture and Theory and Travel Writing Genres can open my mind to various possibilities and aspects of journalism. Gaylord has already exposed me to new places and amazing people. If given the opportunity to take this trip, I hope to find a better way to observe the places I visit, and to record my experiences in new, innovative ways. After learning travel writing techniques from these classes, I would love to take what I learned in the classroom and start a travel blog for friends, family and other enthusiastic travelers after the classes are over. So far, Puerto Rico is not only beautiful, but rich; rich in history, culture, and most importantly food!

No comments:

Post a Comment