Puerto Rico

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wanting to Travel Abroad AGAIN.


Photo: Left-A picture of Silver Lake, the lake I visit every summer in Michigan.
Right- A picture of me.

By Katylee Strange
The reason I would like to do the Puerto Rico Travel Writing Program is because it seems like a very interesting place in a part of the world that I love. I traveled to Puerto Rico when I was younger and fell in love with the country. It is mix of both tropical and metropolitan areas. In Puerto Rico a person can get the best of both worlds. I plan on graduating in May from the University of Oklahoma and in order to do so I think the six hours credit that the course offers would be a great way for me to graduate on time while doing something I enjoy which is traveling. I was lucky to get to participate in the British Media Study Abroad in the spring of 2010 and enjoyed every minute of it. While on that study abroad I learned a lot about my personal limits and myself. I really enjoy new adventures and I think the Puerto Rico trip will be very educational and adventurous. I love traveling and with the trip to Puerto Rico I would be able to travel and get class credit as well. That is the main reason why I want to participate in the Puerto Rico Travel Writing Program. I think it will be a different experience but fascinating at the same time. I feel like being a participant in this trip would make me a worldly, well-rounded person. A few of the skills that I have that I can contribute to the class is my past experience with traveling as well as my enthusiasm for meeting new people and learning about different cultures. I am also very organized and level headed when it comes to schoolwork, which is another thing I can add to the class. Overall I am excited about the trip to Puerto Rico.

No comments:

Post a Comment