Puerto Rico

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Understanding Geography From A Cultural Standpoint



Breaking out of my comfort zone seems to be something that I often struggle with and even though I hate to admit it, being complacent is something that I often become out of self-security.  Puerto Rico has opened a door wide for me to pass through to experience things that I pass up with adding any thought to it. One of the important elements that I have always analyzed through smoke filled glasses has been the complexity of the geography and the power within.
Without even realizing it, I was greatly enjoying the geography of Puerto Rico more than I would with regular locations. Every location that I ended up at, I was in total awe at the splendid beauty, however it was the el yunque or the rainforest that left me speechless. The entrance of the el yunque was full of native plants, organisms and other ecosystems that keep it thriving. The magnificence however was apparent in every picturesque moment seen through the every system living in the forest.
The sounds of the running water, insects, crackling trees and animals create an angelic sound that is way more soothing than the average nature CD.  Every descriptive word in the dictionary would not do the el yunque justice because it is a wonder that needs to be experienced. Every place back home that I thought was extraordinary does not even compare to the wonders of the rainforest.
Keeping myself alert to things that are connected to geography is a major aspect that I will keep alive long after I leave Puerto Rico.

No comments:

Post a Comment