Puerto Rico

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Going Sky High - by Marley Harris






My few short days here in Puerto Rico have been filled with adventure, food, conquering fears, and observing off the charts fashion. While here, I have seen women, no matter the age, walking around in sky-high, full-blown, high-heeled wedges. Some may disagree, but I admire these women who are brave enough to venture out beyond the flip-flop, which is a common style here in Puerto Rico.

The women here love to add a little pizzazz to their outfits with one of their favorite accessories, shoes. Of course not every woman has on a pair of these sky-high platformed wedges. There are some with regular sandals and flip-flops too, but I am sure if you visited their closets at home, they have a few pair. I wish I would have known about these fashions before hand, I would have totally packed some of my own. I would have fit right in. No matter the terrain, these women did not leave their homes wearing shorts and a t-shirt.

Men here in Puerto Rico are not left in the dark when it comes to fashion either. As I have observed, men like to be neatly groomed. I have never seen so many men with their eyebrows perfectly arched in all of my life. Puerto Ricans seem to take pride in their appearance. There is no way to determine socioeconomic status, all islanders

I enjoyed capturing the life and fashion of these women and men. Their shoes highly intrigued me. Enjoy these few paparazzi inspired fashion photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment