Puerto Rico

Friday, January 15, 2010

A Spark Reignited

By Vince Winston


All good things must come to an end. And such is the case with my journey to Puerto Rico. But this brief two-week excursion from reality left me with more than just facts that can help me pass a test. It left me with something a little more personal. For quite sometime I had forgotten what made me tic. That inner fire that made magic happen when called upon in time of need. My search of finding my inner self had been abruptly steered of course and this getaway was meant to get me back on course. What I didn’t realize is that it would relight a fire that had long past in my mind.

Being in a place where you can’t clearly communicate with another individual for something as simple as what you want to eat can be frustrating. More so, dealing with someone that has little to no patience because of this can push even the nicest person over the edge, especially when hunger is looming. What was so refreshing about Puerto Ricans was how much patience, generosity and love they showed in every aspect of their life. Being around this loving community re-sparked an inner love that I had for helping people.

I would have never imagined that this trip would have had such a profound affect upon me, but I am glad that it did. Understanding one’s Personal Legend is significant as it gives them the ability to focus. I don’t think I have quite found it, but my time in Puerto Rico has helped me get back on the right path to finding it. Thank you Puerto Rico for serving as that catalyst.

No comments:

Post a Comment