Puerto Rico

Saturday, January 2, 2010

Puerto Rico!!!! "The Island of Enchantment"

Puerto Rico!!!! "The Island of Enchantment"
By Adam Pinkney

photo by Adam Pinkney

Hola! My name is Adam Pinkney and I am a broadcasting and electronic media graduate student at the University of Oklahoma. I have the opportunity to take two travel-writing classes through OU in Puerto Rico. I will document my experience in Puerto Rico in various ways. In addition to writing about my experiences, I will also illustrate them with pictures, video, and sound as I explore the island of enchantment. Below I have explained why I was interested in taking these courses.

I am very interested in the travel-writing course in Puerto Rico. I have always wanted to study abroad in some form or fashion. This is a perfect opportunity for me to travel abroad and experience a world outside of Oklahoma. I am willing to open up my eyes and mind to a new culture. These two classes would definitely help to fulfill graduate credit. However to me this opportunity is worth more than credit. It is worth an experience that I could not trade for anything else. It is a challenge for me to venture out and learn new things about other cultures. I am up for a good challenge and ready for the life of Puerto Rico.

I love learning new things and the Hispanic culture has always been of interest to me. I took Spanish as a foreign language in High school and College. So I know the basics of Spanish and structure, but definitely not fluent in the language. One funny memory that comes to mind is that many people believe that I am Hispanic because of my skin color. So now I will get to experience true Hispanic culture on the island of Puerto Rico.

No comments:

Post a Comment