Puerto Rico

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Why I want to study in Puerto Rico...

4273 Meta Carstarphen
Why I want to study in Puerto Rico
12/1/15

By: Regennia D. Johnson

I believe that we as students should take advantage of all the opportunities and resources that are offered to us, and studying abroad is definitely an opportunity that I cannot let pass me by during my time here at the University of Oklahoma. It has always been very important to me that I study abroad as an undergraduate student, because I have seen and heard from past participants the great enrichment it provides to students lives personally and educationally.  I have always had an interest in tourism. I love to travel and I enjoy learning about different cultures. With my major being broadcast journalism and my minor in Spanish and African American Studies it is clear that I enjoy both media and culture. This program specifically peaked my interest, because Puerto Rico is a Spanish speaking country and I would like to immerse myself in Spanish speaking country, if only for a week.  I think this program will help me with my writing skills, and allow me to engage in social media from a journalistic perspective. Beyond my personal fascination with studying abroad and Puerto Rico, this program actually falls into my schedule quite nicely. I am a student in Gaylord and this program will cover my two upper-division electives, which I need in order to graduate.  Upon graduating I have considered conducting research or teaching in a foreign country, so I would like to have an experience out of the country prior to that. I think my time in Puerto Rico will help with my future plans and allow me to gain valuable knowledge on the basics of tourism, media, and travel writing and how they all essentially flow together. (http://www.gstcouncil.org/blog/537/tourism-and-the-media-practical-takeaways-from-the-unwto-conference-in-egypt/)



No comments:

Post a Comment