Puerto Rico

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Adapting To Change

4273 Meta Carstarphen
Ft. Worth Tourism; Puerto Rico
12/1/15






By: Regennia D. Johnson


I believe that just as I had a great deal of surprise with the traveling experience to Ft. Worth, Texas, Puerto Rico will also surprise me in a number of ways. The day we traveled to Ft. Worth was the first time I had ever rode the train, so that was a great experience. I also had a preconceived notion of the stockyard and it turned out that I was completely off target and wrong. The stockyard wasn’t anything like it to be, but still great nonetheless and a very pleasant surprise. I think that Puerto Rico will of course be beautiful… filled with many beautiful people and places. Beyond that I believe that it will offer me knowledge on a culture that I really have never gotten the opportunity to learn about. Upon enrolling in this course and watching the film “Yo Soy Boricua” (http://www.filmthreat.com/reviews/9088/) I have definitely gained even more interest in diving into this Puerto Rican culture that seems to be very vibrant and rich. Charles Darwin once said that it is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, it is the one that is most adaptable to change. I think this quote can be very useful in everyone’s traveling experience. We all hold thoughts to what we expect tings to be like and how we want and expect our trips to go, but in reality things don’t go always go as planned and our expectations and assumptions don’t always hit the mark. I think the best action we can take as travelers and every growing students who seek to gain knowledge is to simply let go of these ideals and adapt to what is presented to us. (http://www.connerpartners.com/frameworks-and-processes/how-do-people-learn-to-adapt-to-change) If all we do is focus on what we expected or what we wanted to experience then we lose site of the moments that are right in front of us and the amazing experience that God allowed us to participate in. I must admit that because I am moving to a different state immediately following our trip to Puerto Rico that my mind has not truly been focused on this amazing experience, instead it has been set on this equally amazing opportunity that I will enter in upon my return. That though has not left me any less excited or less ready to practice what Darwin spoke on year’s age. I am ready to arrive and adapt accordingly to what lies ahead on the rich port.

No comments:

Post a Comment