Puerto Rico

Monday, January 5, 2015

           
Embracing a new culture
By: Briana C. Jones

“A purpose of our lives is to broaden what we can understand and say and therefore be.” – Salman Rushdie. I am a strong believer that there are immense benefits in being educated on a scholarly level as well as on a worldly, cultural level. As a student of the Gaylord College of Broadcasting and Journalism, I find this Travel Writing in Puerto Rico to be an amazing, life changing experience due to the fact of the skill I will gain, the exposure to the beautiful culture Puerto Rico has to offer, and the opportunity to network and form relationships with an amazing group of peers and mentors traveling from the University of Oklahoma.

For the students who are blessed with this opportunity to travel to a place so rich with culture while also becoming more knowledgeable of their desired career field, this trip is more than a dream come true. The level of experience that will be gained from being hands on and studying in Puerto Rico is incomparable to other studying opportunities because the boundaries are being broadened, and limitations are being broken.


This trip would be equally beneficial for me because I will become more developed as an individual as well as a student of the Gaylord College. Writing on the topics of tourism, media and travel is something I find very interesting, and something that I truly believe could change my outlook on life. I am continuously striving to better myself in all arenas and this opportunity would certainly be a great way to pursue that goal. Thank you for this amazing opportunity and your endless desire to see OU students succeed.
Photo source:: fbnstatic.com
Photo source: Bridalguide.com



No comments:

Post a Comment