Puerto Rico

Monday, January 5, 2015

Fort Worth: An Enchanting Experience




Fort Worth: An Enchanting Experience

By:Pamela Ortega

Fort Worth, located a couple hours away from Oklahoma offers visitors an enchanting experience. Prior to my trip to Fort Worth, I had this generalization made that Fort Worth was just another big city run by snobs and the rich, because of it’s proximity to Dallas. On the journey there, I felt indifferent, unsure of what awaited me as I sat and stared out the window, rolling past Oklahoma’s plains. Once we arrived in Fort Worth, it felt like nothing new, like I had just step off a train and was back into Oklahoma. The journey to the Stockyards was where I realized Fort Worth had a little gem of its own, something waiting to be discovered. The Stockyards enabled me to discover a secret Western world, all while learning to perfect my communication abilities. I discovered the Coliseum, the Molley Trolley, the cattle run, even the Love Shack- feed the love. (http://loveburgershack.com) The city provided in-depth information and tools, so that visitors could discover the hidden gems in a short amount of time. Through finding little gems here and there I became mentally prepare to seek similar gems in Puerto Rico. All places, regardless of their size, landscape or demographics, have something different to offer, perhaps a learning experience, tradition or a culture. Similarly, I hope to seek and discover those hidden beauties in Puerto Rico.  Who knows maybe I’ll find a cattle run in Puerto Rico-or rather hear the beautiful whistles of the coquies at night. (http://www.elboricua.com/coqui.html)


No comments:

Post a Comment