Puerto Rico

Monday, January 26, 2015

Traveling the world one step at a time
By: Pamela Ortega

Plantains, pina coladas( http://www.elboricua.com/pinacolada.html)  and Puerto Ricans captivated me as I traveled through Puerto Rico. Witnessing Puerto Ricans engage within themselves, all while tasting perfectly made food was a diamond of its own. People don’t lie when they say Puerto Rico is the land of enchantment. My journey through Puerto Rico has taught me to discover the hidden gems in the world. As I move forward in life I plan to travel, not to the common popular cities everyone travels to, but to the small hidden towns with bright gems to offer. Puerto Rico showed me to look beyond San Juan, instead discover the wonders in Luquillo (http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g635965-Luquillo_Puerto_Rico-Vacations.html) and Fajardo. Often time people are so over consumed by the marketing tactics of the travel industry, that they don’t stop to think about the hidden towns that are often forgotten. I hope to apply my knowledge of real traveling to my future endeavors.

Tourism is the simplicity of visiting a place and claiming to be there. It is a basic concept that is a multi billion-dollar business. Tourism limits the tourist by only providing a handful of places to visit and take photographs at. Thus, it is essential to engage in travel in order to become a traveler. My tourism experience limited me in fully engaging with the people. The activities we did in San Juan, were strictly tourism related events that focuses on places. Having Jose as a tour guide, allowed us to experience more of a travel experience.

The media can positively and negatively influence a travel experience. The booming tourism industry tends to focus on a single aspect of the touring location. Although the tourism industry focuses on prime tourism parts, some travelers go outside the box and publish work about their unique experience.








No comments:

Post a Comment