Puerto Rico

Friday, January 16, 2015

Puerto Rico: Just the beginning

Puerto Rico: Just the beginning 
By Briana C. Jones 
Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico, what an experience this trip has been! I never would have imagined I would have had such a fantastic time while on the island. Besides the beautiful beaches and warm sun, I was able to truly appreciate God’s creation that was before me. I love that I was given the opportunity to experience new foods, converse with individuals who are familiar to a culture different from my own.
I also fell in love with the beauty of the people, some ringing in so similar to my own family, one might mistake them to be a cousin before they began to speak. This showed me how enormous this world truly is, yet filled with such similarities.
My interest began to peek with a heighten interest to explore, saying to myself, “If Puerto Rico is this amazing, I can only imagine how amazing countries are across the world!” I think it is very important to be cultured, to explore so that you have a greater understanding and respect for others and different cultures. This is a must, I believe, if we desire to sustain a relationship ship of love with the next person. People are too quick to pass judgment on those who are not the same as you.

For both professional as well as pleasurable reasons, I certainly see myself traveling abroad to educate others but more importantly be educated to better myself. Let’s admit it, I love culture, I love new food, and I LOVE traveling. This class has prepared and geared me to be a travel extraordinaire. I am more than a tourist; I am now a traveler, Thank you! 
Views from El Murro Fort in Puerto Rico.

Overlooking the ocean from the rooftop patio.


No comments:

Post a Comment