Puerto Rico

Monday, January 5, 2015

Surprises in Ft. Worth, more to come in Puerto Rico
By: Briana C. Jones

With only a few days left before we travel to Puerto Rico, filled with color, authenticity, and beautiful people, the excitement is really setting in! I am looking forward to learning about the Puerto Rican culture, the delicious foods and meeting new people. I was pleasantly surprised by what Ft. Worth had to offer, and it’s just right down in Texas. The Stockyards was in a world of its own, with a western atmosphere. I was very intrigued by the things I learned and saw while there for a couple of hours.

Although the Stockyards only extended for a few blocks, I felt as if I was in an entirely different town. From the food to the western attire and cattle, it was clear that Ft. Worth had something special to offer. I am anticipating nothing less than this greatness once I arrive in Puerto Rico. The fact that the temperature will be more than 40 degrees warmer than Oklahoma is good enough for me! I think I will be able to communicate well enough with the locals with my slight Spanish background that I have.


This aspect is something that I truly love about this class. Yes, we are traveling to Puerto Rico to learn and are technically in class, the instructors make the course so interesting that we won’t even realize that we are in class. I anticipate humidity, good food, better people, and a lot of souvenirs to bring back home. Hopefully the trip turns out to be this great or even better!
http://tours.360ftworth.com/938/herd.jpg


http://blog.chron.com/txpotomac/files/legacy/Rafael2.jpg




No comments:

Post a Comment