Puerto Rico

Monday, January 5, 2015

On my Way to Puerto Rico



I am really excited about the possible opportunity to travel to Puerto Rico this Spring Semester. I have always been one to travel and learn (ie: going to Ireland for a similar study abroad trip in high school). I know that this would be a great opportunity for me to be able to learn outside of my comfort zone which I believe is vital in order to obtain growth. This trip cannot only be educationally beneficial, but spiritually and socially as well. Because it is such a short course I think that it gives students a taste of how fast pace the journalism industry is. It also means that there will be a lot of room for creative innovation. I like that this course will be able to offer me more than one side of reporting and will allow me to figure out some things on my own. Another aspect that I love about this study abroad trip is that not only will I be learning about subjects geared towards my major, but also learning a whole new culture really intrigues me. I will be able to try new foods, meet and interact with new people, and have a good time. Lastly I would also like to go on this trip because it will help me stay on track to graduate in May 2016 by taking these two courses during intercession. Overall I think that this will be a very beneficial trip for me and hope that I am granted the opportunity to travel abroad with Gaylord College of Journalism.



No comments:

Post a Comment